Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Gender Reveal

I just had a gender reveal party. I found out I'm having two boys. I invited my immediate family and best friends. My best friend knew the gender and got confetti in blue for boys. Everyone got confetti poppers and on the count of three they twisted them open to reveal the color to me and my SO as the confetti covered us. It was so exciting!

Now I need to pick two boy names and I can start buying and decorating. I can also start planning for my baby shower. However, I was thinking about how it could be wrong and I wonder how I'd feel if I hadn't found out the gender of the babies.

Did you find out the gender of your babies?

Comments

• Not to make you nervous, but we were told my three year old son was a girl up until the time that he was born. It was a BIG surprise. My mom had to run out and buy new clothes for him to come home in. All we had were sweet little dresses.
  • Oh no 1happymom! That makes me really nervous, especially when it comes to picking a name! I thought it would be fun to be able to get boy things instead of everything gender neutral, but maybe we should have stuck with gender neutral?!
  • You would think it would be stressful but it really wasn't. It was kind of fun actually and made for some good stories. And it really doesn't happen often enough to be too worried about it. No matter what happens it will work out in the end.
  • I didn't find out the gender with my first two. I wanted it to be a surprise. I did with my last, mostly because his dad claimed he already knew and I wanted to prove him wrong...but he was right.
  • I havent found out the gender of my baby but I think of it as a boy, mostly because of the vivid dreams I'm having.