Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Who Is In The Birthing Room?

Hi,

I am not sure if I will give birth at home or in the hospital. I have planned for both, but either way, I am not sure yet about who will be in the birthing room with me?

I'm not sure beside the midwive/doctor who I should have there or who should be close by?

Who did you have in the birthing room with you?

Significant other, your parents, kids, good friends, siblings? Also how many people and did you regret having it the way you did?

Comments

• I loved having my husband there with me. It really was the best experience for us. I had never been present for anyone else giving birth until recently, when my sister-in-law asked me to be there with her when my nephew was born. I was there with her husband, and best friend. I was so happy to get to be there when my nephew was born. I was really honored that she gave me the opportunity.
  • That sounds sweet momma. I was thinking of including my step daughters so they feel included but I don't know if I will be unpleasant and scare them.
  • I think its great to have your favorite people nearby but not necessarily giving them the idea they will be in the room with you. That way if you want them to come in it will be a great surprise for them.