Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Travel sickness

Me and my husband were or rather are travel sick. Mostly my husband will be driving. So he doesn't have any problem. I still find it difficult to travel on steep hilly roads.

Both my daughters are travel sick too. They feel tired and dizzy. This started when they were 1 year old. I usually make them sleep when we travel or carry plastic containers or bags so that we don't have to stop so many times in between.

I know medicines are available but I am scared to use it as it seduces the kids. I have heard of wrist bands that work on pressure points and will reduce the vomiting sensation. Has anybody used it before? Is it really gonna work?

Comments

• I got this way a lot when I was pregnant. I will have to think back to remember what I did. I know with dogs you can use a vest that gives them the sensation of being secure, maybe a weighted blanket would work on people? I have also heard about the wrist bands but I don't know if they work.

You might also try music, there are sound wave technologies in some music that produces delta waves which help you to relax or even sleep. Look for binaural beats online.
  • Yes Yogimama, as I have told I am travel sick too. But I will feel relaxed when I hear music. I will sing along and and try to concentrate on that rather than the journey. But kids cannot do that, right?
  • I have never experienced this...But I have heard that sitting on a newspaper while travelling, suck lemon wedges or smell the lemon can help. I don't know whether it is clinically proved. May be it can help psychologically.
  • Ganga R wrote: »
    Yes Yogimama, as I have told I am travel sick too. But I will feel relaxed when I hear music. I will sing along and and try to concentrate on that rather than the journey. But kids cannot do that, right?

I find that binaural soundwave music is developed to completely put children to sleep. I use it on my children who are very difficult to put to sleep and it always works. I can't be sure, because I haven't tried to use it during the day when they are not tired, but my oldest can stay up all night even if she's tired. However if I put the soundwave music on it works so well she will fall asleep.