Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

What's The Most Important Baby Gear To Get?

Having a baby is overwhelming. Especially with all the recommendations people have, and all the things they claim you need. I really dislike clutter and like to have things that are good quality, last long and hopefully multi-purpose!

What are the really essential things you need for the first 6 months with a baby? What things did you have that you never used and what things did you not have that you wish you had?

Comments

• I feed my babies only breast milk for the first six months. Not even water. Hence, I don't recommend any food items.

You may need the basic items like dress, towels, bath soap, oil, powder etc. Diapers are really helpful. I used diapers only in the night and while travelling. Continuous use of diapers can cause rashes and itching. It is important to change the cloth diaper regularly as it get wet (if you are using it)

While travelling, I used a stroller that can be converted into a carrier cum rocker. I used to carry an additional dress, wet towels, blanket, diapers etc under the stroller while travelling.

• Just as a side note. We have created a free check list app for iPhones and iPad that collects editable lists of things to organize. It's a free app.

You may find that helpful:
    https://appsto.re/at/pWqGeb.i
  • Nice app, I will have to try it out later.
  • That sounds like a really great app. It should be really useful for expecting and new parents.