Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Indian Girl Height

My little girl turned 7 last month and she is 116 cm height and weight 18 kgs. I think she is taking normal food and I dont have any problem feeding her. But, as my height is only 5 fts, I am worried about her growth and she has mostly my characteristics. What is your opinion? What all things do I need to take care of to improve her growth rate? I heard about growth hormone treatments in a TV show. Can anyone over there share your experience or knowledge about it?

Comments

• I wouldn't worry about hormonal treatments. I don't think there's anything you can do to make her growth any different than it is just to make sure she eats well and try to help her stay emotionally and physically safe. Not being properly nourished can stunt growth as well as emotional and physical trauma.

I am also very short, but both my parents are as well. The doctor tried to tell my mother to feed me certain foods, but it turns out other doctors told me these foods are myths and there's not actual foods that will make you grow bigger than you would based on your genes.
  • yogimama wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about hormonal treatments. I don't think there's anything you can do to make her growth any different than it is just to make sure she eats well and try to help her stay emotionally and physically safe. Not being properly nourished can stunt growth as well as emotional and physical trauma.

I am also very short, but both my parents are as well. The doctor tried to tell my mother to feed me certain foods, but it turns out other doctors told me these foods are myths and there's not actual foods that will make you grow bigger than you would based on your genes.

Thank you for replying. I have heard that swimming and some stretching exercises can help in improving that height. Do you believe in that?

• I think just general healthy eating and exercise will help her to grow to her natural height. Stretching and exercise will definitely help with that, I believe poor posture can affect bone health, so yoga and most exercise will be good to build strong bones and stature.
  • Thanks Yogimama. I do now the basics of Yoga. Can you suggest some yoga posters that can help?
  • Hi Ganga, I think you should not worry much about the her height unless she is healthy and active. However I have attended a Yoga crushed course and my yoga master told that all stretching exercises can help increasing the height and strengthening the muscles.

Asanas like Bhujangasana, Sarvangasana etc are good examples.