Hey, many topics and groups are in the private area.
For access to the entire community, register with us.

Diluted cow´s milk for your baby

edited August 2016 in Babyfood & Recipes
What do you think about giving an 8 month old baby diluted cow´s milk every now and again?

It seems like the opinions on this one even among doctors vary quite a bit. Some say it´s ok some say you shouldn’t do it at all before they are at least a year old.

My baby gets two bottles of formula and two normal meals a day. So have he has done well with all the different foods we have given him. Now I am thinking about giving him diluted cow´s milk for his tea instead of formula. I have heard from a lot of doctors who don’t approve with the follow on milk formulas.

What do you think?

Mumofone

Comments

• I think 8 months is pretty young for that. At 8 months they are still in need of special nutrients to help develop their digestion system, brain development and bone/muscle structure.

I would wait until they are at least a year old, if not older, to the point where they don't need to drink milk for the majority of their nutrients anymore.

Most toddlers 1 and 2 are still using milk as their main source of nutrition, so I'd wait until it wasn't their main food.